Planning a wedding is an intricate process that requires careful consideration of numerous factors, including time, decisions, and budgeting. In 2022, the V Agency team undertook the task of planning a wedding for a couple who initially set a budget of $35,000—quite close to the national wedding budget average. The wedding was scheduled for the last Saturday in August, with a guest count of 100. However, as the planning progressed, unforeseen elements, a quest for perfection, and a desire to create an extraordinary experience led to a final cost of $79,214.77. Let’s outline the breakdown of expenses that contributed to the final cost.
- Venue Rental and Beverage: $12,794.05
- This includes the rental fee for the Scarab Club Museum and beverage bar serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Museum didn’t include tables and chairs.
- Catering: $11,419.31
- This encompasses the cost of catering services, including the menu selection, food preparation, service staff, food truck, and charcuterie. The meal for this wedding was fully vegetarian. This cost included vendor meals.
- Wedding Attire and Accessories: $4,500.00
- This covered the cost of the bride’s custom wedding gown. This cost didn’t include the accessories such as jewelry and shoes, as well as the groom’s suit, accessories, and any alterations.
- Photography: $3,900.00
- This includes the fees for a professional photographer to capture the wedding day.
- Entertainment: $5,150.00
- This covered the expense associated with hiring an entertainment DJ, to provide music and keep guests entertained throughout the wedding, cocktail hour, dinner reception, and dance party.
- Wedding Stationery and Invitations: $2,660.54
- This includes the design, printing, and mailing costs of wedding invitations, save-the-dates, programs, seating charts, bar signage, and any other stationery items required for the wedding.
- Wedding Management and Design Services: $17,927.34
- This covers the fees for hiring a wedding planner team who assists with the overall planning, organization, and execution of the event, and the design look, and feel of the event.
- Florals: $8,820.00
- This cost includes floral for every detail of the wedding, wedding party, centerpieces, floral design, cocktail hour, reception, and other floral items
- This cost includes hair and makeup artists to serve the bride, wedding party, and other special
- people that are in need of services for the wedding day.
- Hair and Makeup: $3,000.00
- This cost includes hair and makeup artists to serve the bride, wedding party, and other special people that are in need of services for the wedding day.
- Rentals: $9,043.53
- This cost includes tables, chairs, linen, glassware, flatware, china, lounge furniture, and other rental items.
There are many items that aren’t included in this list such as the bride’s accessories, the groom’s attire, transportation, gratuity, and more. We are highlighting the cost we had access to.
The journey of planning a wedding is often filled with surprises, unforeseen elements, and evolving aspirations. Our advice is to set a realistic wedding budget. Understand everything you want and need comes at a cost and your budget should accommodate it. If not, don’t be afraid to take the time to save to plan the wedding of your dreams.